Following the release of my showreel demonstrating some of the work I did in the year 2016, here is a more detailed look at the individual projects showcased in the reel as well as links to some of them.
The intro and outro are designed to represent a FUI (Fictional User Interface), an are of motion design I am looking to specialize in more and more. The idea is that the entire reel is played inside a futuristic computer; the intro shows a user logging into this computer and loading up the video file. This approach also allowed for a creative way to display my contact information.
- 0:08 – Graphics for a trailer for the show Unexpected Tales by the Jazz Dance Company, produced by Edwards Films, showcasing a cinematic title reveal using particle effects.
- 0:13 – Intro to an advert for SensatioNail, produced by Universal TV Media, showcasing a transition from a digital title to live action footage.
- 0:16 – Graphic in a video for Nationwide, produced by 4mediarelations, showcasing vector animation to represent a technical drawing.
- 0:19 – Intro to a video by London Studio Center, produced by Edwards Films, showcasing a 3D title reveal.
- 0:21 – Animated logo for a Banner Bank conference, showcasing construction of an animation using an existing logo.
- 0:24 – Animated logo for Wilkes Academy, further showcasing the use of an existing logo to create an animation.
- 0:27 – Intro to Laura Seears’ steadicam showreel, showcasing a transition from animated intro to footage.
- 0:29 – A further graphic from the above mentioned Nationwide video, this time showcasing animation of the established technical drawing.
- 0:34 – A further shot from the above mentioned SensatioNail advert, showcasing 3D animation.
- 0:41 – Intro to the film Another Man, written and directed by Artemis Szekir-Rigas, showcasing a cinematic title reveal with a neon style. You can learn more about the film here.
- 0:44 – Animation of the Earth, showcasing 3D modeling and animation. You can read more about this project here.
- 0:52 – Map graphic created for a video by Robert Desmond, showcasing the use of Motion Design to convey geographical information.
- 1:01 – A further shot from the above mentioned SensatioNail advert, showcasing the combination of 2D and 3D animation to transition from one shot to the next.
- 1:04 – Shot from an informational video created for Junction 9 Network, showcasing the transition from one infographic to the next.
- 1:09 – Shot from a video created for Junction 9 Network, showcasing the use of motion graphics to convey information.
- 1:13 – Shot from the aforementioned video by Robert Desmond, showcasing the use of a previously established geographical graphic to highlight certain parts of the route.
- 1:16 – Shot from a video created for Junction 9 Network, showcasing the use of motion graphics to convey information.
- 1:17 – A further shot from the above mentioned SensatioNail advert, showcasing the integration of live action footage with an animated background.
- 1:20 – Outro from the above mentioned SensatioNail advert, showcasing the use of motion graphics for a product shot and revealing information.
Music created by SHIVRE, a cinematic music project led by Marco Caricola.
Additional sound design by Neil Mutalib.